Hierath CIC (Previouly Project 2020 CIC) is a not for profit project organisation which develops innovative community projects to inspire long-term positive change. Their work focuses on; children, young people and families, community development and research. It is a Non-governmental, organisation with an aim to inspire, support and empower young people. This is achieved through promoting, education and training in healthier lifestyles and greater social cohesion. It delivers programmes in Youth Development, Youth Leadership, Citizenship and Youth Education. It also promotes learning through diversionary and informal activities such as sport, media and creative or performing arts. It is a strictly voluntary organisation and voluntarism is something that it promotes amongst the young people it works with. It strongly supports community cohesion and engages positively with young people from different socio-economic and ethnic minority backgrounds to bring communities together through the medium of the said activities.
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) is an international Non-Governmental Youth Organization established in 1986. It is a member of the European Youth Forum (YFJ) in Brussels and considered as a European level non-governmental youth organization by the European Union and the Council of Europe.
The aims of YEU are:
– To realize youth activities to foster closer cooperation and better understanding among the young people of the world, both between and within continents, particularly by encouraging the exchange of information, ideas and opinions;
– To promote co-operation and mutual aid in the developed and the developing countries for cultural, educational and social purposes;
– To work towards resolving conflicts and promotion of peaceful societies through recognition and respect for others;
– To improve the relationships and promote tolerance among young people of different cultural or political realities;
– To work together on issues related to protection of the environment and sustainability;
– To support and promote the health and well-being of young people in order to improve quality of life;
– To encourage the active involvement of all young people in society without distinction because of race, social status, educational levels or any other disadvantage.
YEU’s mission is to promote peace and to increase tolerance and awareness between different countries, cultures and traditions, and to promote a greater level of comprehension. The mission of the organisation is achieved through the development of youth exchanges, seminars, conventions, meetings, study visits and training courses based on the principles of non-formal education, experiential learning and self-directed learning. In addition to that, YEU constantly analyses the needs of young people all over Europe and aims to address them through the projects which organises. YEU also pays a lot of attention in creating youth policies, participating in important youth events on European level and producing educative manuals.
CGE Erfurt e.V. is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Erfurt, founded in 2005 and run by young professionals, who are designing, implementing and evaluating local and international youth projects. CGE Erfurt e.V. has more than 10 years of experience creating educational concepts that allow participants to develop a self-defined strategy of learning in the framework of non-formal education.
The aims of our organisation are:
– to develop and implement programs in non-formal education for young people and adults in Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany and Europe
– to convey values like peace, democracy, solidarity and sustainability
– to support active citizenship and the integration of all people despite their social status, origin, skin colour, religion, sex etc. in society
– to create active and result-orientated activities;
– to address problems and challenges of the society in the fields of education, environment, politics, economy, social, law and culture
– to promote participation and entrepreneurship mindset among youngsters
– to support ICT development and integration with education
– to foster intercultural, interethnic and interreligious dialogue
– to enhance entrepreneurial and opportunity recognition skills of young entrepreneurs
– to assist regional and local authorities in implementation of regional policies on youth empowerment and entrepreneurship
– to carry out research activities on entrepreneurship promotion, sustainability and development
– to actively promote cultural diversity and to fight against racism, discrimination, group- focused enmity and nationalism.
The implementation goes through diverse learning opportunities like Training Courses, seminars, workshops, study visits, youth exchanges, work camps, volunteer services, symposia, conferences, forums and other formats with local, regional, national, European and other international partners on local, regional, national, European and international level through non-formal education in the fields of: 1. civic youth and adult education 2. environmental and outdoor youth and adult education 3. cultural youth and adult education 4. intercultural youth and adult education 5. Social youth and adult education 6. health and well-being 7. media pedagogic youth and adult education
Center for Intercultural Dialogue (CID) is a non-governmental, non-profit youth-led organization that works on national level in Macedonia. The Centre for Intercultural Dialogue (CID) is civil society organization working to promote intercultural acceptance and active citizenship through capacity building processes, education and youth work. The organization is youth-led thus our work focuses on many aspects which are of interest for young people: from provision of services and information, to research and support for policy-making and networking. CID is a provider of quality Youth Work and as such is well recognized in Macedonia and Europe for its work. As such, CID is offering training and educational consultancy to various public and private institutions and organizations. CID has 2 working spaces in Kumanovo with 12 people employed on full time and part-time bases. Our pool of trainers has members with various expertise and experience in working with different groups on different topics. CID is an Adult Learning Providing Center and VET Institutions. CID is especially active in provision of training courses for leadership, organizational and project development, intercultural dialogue and acceptance, conflict resolution, youth policy, youth participation, European citizenship and social media. Parallel with the office staff, 20 young people – the CID Academy – are being trained on a long-term basis in order to acquire the skills useful in becoming the next leaders of CID and to get involved in the organisation’s activities. Centre for intercultural dialogue main focus is on young people and all citizens from diverse religious, ethnic, national and other beliefs who are at the same time creators and beneficiaries of our activities. The main target group are recent graduates as well as students. CID also works with public administration that works with young people as well as all stakeholders involved in inter-community dialogue and youth development on local, national and international level.
A.D.E.L. – ASSOCIATION FOR DEVELOPMENT, EDUCATION AND LABOUR is an organization, which creates opportunities for young people who would like to be active, would like to try and learn something new and gain new experience and knowledge for personal as well as professional development and growth. A.D.E.L. believes that young people must become a driving force in building the society in which they live and therefore they create various opportunities in order to help shape a generation that is determined to change the country and the world for the better.
The goals they promote with a variety of projects and activities are:
– to increase employment of young people and to support their personal and professional development;
– to organize and mediate trainings, youth exchanges, seminars, study mobility, internships and volunteering programs abroad;
– to encourage and promote active citizenship, civic participation and volunteering;
– to stimulate the creation of new and innovative ideas as the basis for entrepreneurial initiatives of young people, to motivate them and support them in their path towards their own businesses;
– to encourage a responsible attitude towards nature and animals, promote a healthy lifestyle and protect the environment;
– to contribute to the development of rural areas and disadvantaged regions and bring educational opportunities to young people with fewer opportunities;
– to endorse the elimination of gender stereotypes, support integration of minorities (particularly Roma) and refugees into the society and promote equality of opportunity for all.
A.D.E.L.’s motto is: “Youth is not just a temporary state on the way to adulthood, but the space for our own journey, opinions and solutions – and we want to fill in this lack of space!”
United Societies of Balkans (U.S.B.) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Thessaloniki, Greece working in the field of youth mobility, participation and facilitating youth awareness about social issues. It was founded in 2008 by the inception of a group of active young people who wanted to address the social issues which affect the youngsters in the Balkans and Eastern Europe. The vision of the organisation is the promotion of youth mobility, youth involvement and participation, voluntarism and human rights. Activities: Key areas of the organization’s activities concern the defence of human rights, the organization of youth related projects such as youth exchanges and training courses, which can bring young people from Balkans and Europe together, and the organization of local interventions, campaigns, researches, seminars and multimedia productions. It envisions a global and inclusive society, where citizens are equally empowered to contribute in the shaping of a world with less prejudice, discrimination and other forms of injustice.
U.S.B.’s objectives and values are actualized in the society and the needs of the youngsters by:
- Promoting the values of non formal learning, voluntarism, active citizenship and democracy for the creation of a better future for the European youth;
- Promoting human rights, solidarity and respect for diversity amongst youth and the society;
- Involving minorities and immigrants into youth activities;
- Building healthy cooperation bridges between countries of the area of the Balkans and Eastern Europe with the rest of Europe;
- Using New Media and Citizens’ Journalism methodologies to encourage youth expression, to raise awareness about Human Rights and to promote intercultural dialogue;
- Utilizing arts as a tool for the cultivation and expression of youth;
- Locating and multiplying the special cultural attributes of our societies;
- Breaking down prejudices and stereotypes among the European countries and amongst youth.
Networking: United Societies of Balkans has been a member organization of FERYP(Forum of European Young People), UNITED for Intercultural Action, Salto-Youth, Thess Network-regional NGO network, Anna-Lindh Foundation(cohead of the Greek National Network), Youth for Exchange and Understanding(YEU International), Youth Express Network (YEN), Butterfly Dreamer and DYPALL (Developing Youth Participation at Local Level).